35+ Beautiful Chura Designs for Brides | Bridal Accessories Inspiration
Are you one of those who are just hooked on to the traditional roots?
It’s easy to flush off the past roots and try keeping up with the “trends”. So here we present you with traditional yet trendy Churas!
If you are one of those brides who is madly in love with the old traditional ways, then you might be aware of the accessory called Chura. Ever since childhood, I’m sure every little girl has fantasised herself wearing those ornaments someday. While the selection of trendy lehenga and mehndi is more important, even these small accessory hold a priority somewhere.
Different brides have different choices! However, some brides choose to go for those traditional red Churas, while the other wants to go with the unique ways.
So, to help you out we have handpicked and enlisted some beautiful Chura designs :
1. Traditional Red Chura paired with the ivory Haathidaant Kada other versatile Kadas
If you’re a believer that simple things tend to look elegant, then you’re right! Though Red Churas are known to be very traditional, adding some other type of Kadas to it can give it a modern touch as well. These brides are an inspiration that, going along with your traditional roots, still choosing to be trendy isn’t a big task. Just like these brides, even you can pair your Red Churas with golden Kada or some designer ivory Haathidaant Kada and look gorgeous. Traditionally, the red colour is always associated with Indian weddings and the newly-wedded brides.
1. Traditional Blood-Red with diamond-studded Kada makes a gorgeous Chura Set
2. Beautiful Red Banglespaired with White Haathidant Kadas making a Chura Set
3. Fabulous Red Chura with White Haathidaant Kada matching the golden Kaleeras for a Punjabi Bride
4. Stunning Red Chura with White Haathidaant Kada and Kundan bangles for Perfect Chura Set
5. Ravishing Red Chura with White Haathidaant Kada and diamond-studded hand accessory
6. Beautiful Red Chura with White Haathidaant Kada combines to be an elegant Chura Set
7. Gorgeous Red Chura with White Haathidaant Kada and thin diamond-studded bangles
8. Elegant Red Chura with White Haathidaant Kada and emerald green bangles
9. Trendy Customized Red and White Chura Set with the name of the bridegroom
10. Dark Maroon and Golden Kundan Bangles Chura Set
2. Vibrant and Different Colours for the Modern Brides
I’m sure you’d want all the heads turning towards you! I mean, who doesn’t like that? Just like these brides, you should go for different colours instead of only red. These offbeat colours are admired as much as the traditional colour – red. Perfectly complementing white ivory Kadas, opt for these Chura sets in different colours and look bang-on on your special day! Just like going for different coloured lehengas, brides choose to go for vibrant coloured Chura Sets too.
1. Hot Pink Kada with White Haathidaant Kada making a perfect Chura Set
2. Blush Pink Kada with White Haathidaant Kada makes a jaw-dropping Chura Set
3. Baby Pink Kada with White Haathidaant Kada
4. Peach-Pink Kada with White Haathidaant Kada contrasting to the outfit makes a great Chura Set
5. Peach Kada with White Haathidaant Kada for matching with the outfit
6. Cream Bangles twinned with golden and Kundan bangles making an attractive Chura set
7. Gorgeous Chura Set put together with offbeat powder blue bangles paired with Kundan Bangles
8. A Chura Set with hot pink bangles and thick golden bangles
9. Gorgeous Hot Pink bangles teamed with ghunghroos and heavy-work golden bangles
10. Blush Pink bangles paired with white ivory bangles making an elegant Chura set
3. Minimalism at its best
Some brides are in love with minimalist designs and keeping that in mind we’ve handpicked these designs. These brides chose to coordinate with their lehengas instead of going for the heavy Churas. This is a great choice too because while you’ll already be carrying that heavy lehenga, at least the hands can feel light!
1. Coordinated Sea-green bangles
2. Coordinated baby pink and diamond-studded bangles
3. White Haathidaant Kada with Green Bangles
4. Off-White bangles with golden Kada makes a matching Chura Set for your wedding Lehenga
5. A modern Chura set composed with red & black bangles enhanced by thick golden bangles
6. Light turquoise bangles paired with intricate diamond-work bangles
4. White Ivory Haathidaant Kada but with a twist
Staying traditional but with a twist! You can get inspired by these brides and go with some off-white ivory Kadas, but with some elements printed on them like a Kalash or maybe bride-groom figures. This will let you hold on to the roots and let you experiment something different at the same time.
1. White Haathidaant Kada with Bride Figures paired with Kundan Bangles combined in a Chura Set
2. White Haathidaant Kada with Kalash and Shehnai Print paired with traditional Red Bangles
5. A touch of gold and we are done!
An entirely different and unique option would be going for all golden bangles or Kadas. We as Indians, are completely aware of the importance of golden jewellery at weddings. Why not use golden bangles for the Chura Sets too. One thing that is for sure is that golden will compliment your lehenga. These golden Kadas look heavy and at the same time traditional. Moreover, some pearls studded here and there acts like a cherry on the top. Be it simple golden bangles or heavy thick golden bangles, either of them will surely beautify the lehenga.
1. All golden bangles and Kada Chura Set matching the golden embroidery on the Lehenga
2. Golden Kadas with pearl-studded bangles matching other kundan jewellery
3. Kundan Golden Bangles with Red bangles making a traditional Chura Set
4. Multi-coloured bangles and different kinds of bangles put together in a unique Chura Set
5. Green Bangles paired with Kundan Kadas and some latkans attached with it
6. Gobs of pearls paired with red and golden bangles making a perfect set of Chura
7. Set of green and golden bangles teamed with heavy & thick golden bangles making an offbeat Chura set
8. Gobs of white and green tiny pearls paired with Kundan bangles make a unique Chura set
You’re already aware that all the rituals and cultures followed at the wedding hold some significance. So does Churas! These were started off as a tradition only in Punjabis, but with passing years we have seen that other cultures have started adopting it too. Traditionally, a set of 21 bangles in red or maroon and white or ivory is selected by the aunt (mami) and uncle (mama) of the bride and gifted to her on the day of the ceremony. Also, during the Chura ceremony, the bangles are purified with milk and rose petals.
Moreover, the Churas are said to be worn for a minimum of 40-45 days, but nowadays we have seen that the brides are happy to wear it for upto a year or even more! Also, with new emerging trends, the brides have started going for different coloured bangles instead of only the red ones.
I’m sure on your important day, all the choices you make are equally important. So we are happy to help you with the same. With a gallery of various types of Churas for your wedding day! I’m sure after exploring these Chura Sets, you would have received an overdose with a lot of Chura options and style options as well. Don’t limit yourself and go for the best ones that suit your Bridal Lehenga!